Irtysh river, Ust-Kamenogorsk
© Askar Isabekov
It is present the fact of the different plumage color morphs, it is possible to separate the following types of coloring:
1. Taxonomically identical with leucogaster.
2. Leucogaster type, but the white color of the underparts is darkened by an different rate of the brown or rusty-brownish tones. The rate of increase the rusty-brownish color on the underparts directly correlates to the rate of increase the rusty-brownish tones and decrease of slate tones (distinctive to leucogaster) on the back and rump.
3. Caucasicus type (the throat and breast are white, fore and middle parts of abdomen are greyish-brown) but differs by more considerable distribution of greyish-brown color on upperparts (the brown color is extended on the fore and middle parts of a back; rump is not slate-brownish as on caucasicus, but slate-brown) and decrease of brown tones on underparts.
4. As type 3 but more or less considerable darkness of the throat and breast by brownish tones. In extreme expression of this character the throat and the breast are almost dark as well as abdomen, differing only by slightly lighter color.
Breeds in Saur and south-western Altai. In Tarbagatay it intergrades with leucogaster. In summer recorded in Monrak ridge along Kyzyl-Gain river. In winter recorded along Irtysh river up to Semipalatinsk.
Э.И.Гаврилов. "Фауна и распространение птиц Казахстана". Алматы, 1999. Gavrilov E. I., Gavrilov A. E. "The Birds of Kazakhstan". Almaty, 2005. "Птицы Казахстана" том 3. Алма-Ата, "Наука" КазССР. 1970. В.К.Рябицев. "Птицы Урала, Приуралья и Западной Сибири". Екатеринбург, Изд-во Уральского университета, 2000. А.Ф.Ковшарь "Певчие птицы". Алма-Ата, "Кайнар", 1983.
go to family:
1. Belyaev Alexandr (264)
2. Isabekov Askar (260)
3. Gubin Boris (227)
4. Dyakin Gennadiy (217)
5. Yasko Anna (170)
6. Katuncev Alexandr (155)
7. Vorobyov Vladimir (146)
8. Malkov Yuriy (135)
9. Nukusbekov Malik (132)
10. Andrussenko Konstantin (123)